The mandate of TASK is to provide a forum for experts to encourage discussion and share expertise in understanding the latest trends and security threats facing computer networks, systems and data.
In order that TASK may better achieve its purpose, the following Code of Conduct has been adopted and shall govern the conduct of all members in connection with all of TASK's matters and activities.
All users must conduct themselves and their activities in a professional manner marked by integrity and a spirit of fair play. If at any time the actions of any individual TASK member or Member Company are in conflict with the basic principles, ideals, or standards of TASK, that member or Member Company may be subject to suspension or expulsion by TASK.
Professional and ethical conduct would assure that one member does not resort to tactics that would include making undocumented claims of superiority of one product over another. Making undocumented claims about underlying technology or design decisions used in a competitor's product, in an effort to make a competitor's product look bad will not be tolerated.
All users must refrain from engaging in any activity that would violate the proprietary rights of their employers, TASK, or any other person or organization.
Individuals must not engage in sales activity, including direct or indirect solicitation, or conduct any other activity contrary to the purposes or policies of TASK at any meeting or other activity.
Members of TASK shall not use any form of communication in a derogatory or personally damaging way, nor conduct or condone any programs, activities, publications, speeches, and conduct which are offensive or in poor taste or otherwise considered detrimental to the best interests of TASK. In addition, no such person or entity shall publish or distribute any newsletter or other publication that contains defamatory remarks, malicious and derogatory charges, or false or libellous statements.
Members must not distribute any materials or post displays of any kind at activities without prior approval of the Steering Committee.
TASK members must not use the TASK name other than in the conduct of the TASK as determined by the Steering Committee
Must not use the TASK membership list or any part thereof except in the conduct of TASK business as determined by the Steering Committee
Use of Communication Services
The TASK Web Site may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, "Communication Services").
TASK members agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
TASK has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, TASK reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion.
The Toronto Area Security Klatch reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
TASK reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, at TASK's sole discretion.
Materials uploaded to a Communication Service may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
TASK does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to TASK (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to the TASK website or its associated services. However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you are granting TASK permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses including, without limitation, the rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; and to publish your name in connection with your Submission.
By posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission as described in this section including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Submissions.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided herein. TASK is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and may remove any Submission at any time at TASK's sole discretion.