Wednesday 26-February-2020 // 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Meeting Location: Michener Auditorium at UHN, 222 St. Patrick Street, Toronto
Speaker: Rahul Raghavan
Topic: Security Checkpoints for Agile Engineering
In this age of rapid product engineering, we are amidst the flux of jargon- dropping in a dire attempt to drive home the need for scalable application security models. While Agile Engineering and Security Automation have independently creates waves within product engineering and security engineering communities respectively, the practical realisation of Security Automation WITHIN Agile engineering is far from the ideal.
This “HOW-TO” talk would focus on translating application security objectives into sustainable engineering tasks that can be seamlessly consumed within the product development process. The presenter will delve deep into identifying and designing security checkpoints within the SDLC mapped to the fundamental principles of Design, Build, Develop and Deploy! Finally, the talk would also propose a Plan -Do -Check -Act (PDCA) mechanism through which product engineering teams can extend these checkpoints from ideation to deployment and all the way back.
Speaker: Hisham Qaddoumi
Topic: Machines that fight: State of the Nation of Cybersecurity and AI
Artificial Intelligence is reshaping the security industry. Rapid advances in ML and the creation of machines that can mimic human behaviour raises cybercrime to a level. This talk sheds light on the applied usage of AI in cybersecurity in the fight against cybercrime. As an expert in AI, Hisham will provide an overview of the field and deeper implications for security professionals. He’ll describe where in cybersecurity AI is having the greatest impact toady and explore future possibilities.
This month’s TASK is sponsored by CIBC.
We’re on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we’re looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what’s right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
– Stay connected with your Talent Acquisition Partner: Brandon Lee
– Refer your peers to future CIBC events
Meeting Location: Michener Auditorium, 222 St. Patrick Street, Toronto.