August TASK Meeting – BlackHat, Defcon & BSides Reviewed
29 August 2012; 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Health Science Centre, 155 College Street, Room 610
As we do every year, the August TASK event will review the highlights from BlackHat, Defcon and BSides Las Vegas. These events are always large affairs where the security community gets together to release new research, attack and defense tools and discuss the future.
James Arlen, Roy Firestein and Dan Frisch will cover a bit about the events and then highlight the following sessions:
- Don’t Stand So Close To Me: An Analysis of the NFC Attack Surface
- Owned in 60 Seconds: From Network Guest to Windows Domain Admin
- Defeating PPTP VPNs with MS-CHAPv2
- Owning One to Rule Them All
- Owning the Network: Adventures in Router Rootkits
- How to Hack VMware vCenter Server in 60 Seconds
James is also going to present “CERT.CA – Building a Canadian CSIRT for the community”. The presentation will discuss the need for a public and community based CERT/CSIRT, key decisions to be made and progress to date.